Thank you for joining us for the July Pals Blog Hop to showcase and celebrate the new 2013-15 In Colors! These wonderful creations were made with Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana! We all have a common goal to make and share these projects with YOU!
If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help move you from blog to blog so that you can see all the fantastic and amazing creations!
The Blog Hop is here! The Blog Hop is here! I hope that you are enjoying browsing all these wonderful cards that were made to inspire YOU. To me it is like one stop shopping and getting everything you set out for all in one place! How FUN!!!
We were given the information regarding the Blog Hop two days before I was to head out for my week in Denver. The problem was I still had a ton of things to prepare before leaving. My window of opportunity upon return to make a card for the Blog Hop was way too small for my comfort! Somehow, I squeaked it in amongst my duties before leaving on vacation!
The challenge was to create a card that showcased the new In Colors. This was a card that fell into place for me. I immediately decided to use the new In Color Boutique Details, as they had been burning a hole on my shelf (ha ha). I next determined that the Baked Brown Sugar card stock would be my best choice for the base as it was the most neutral of the five colors. I then had to figure out the greeting. This greeting is also very neutral and can be used as an everyday occasion card! I used the DSP paper Etcetera for the stamped greeting background and just cut the oval image out with a scissors. To add extra detail I encased the HELLO with an oval piercing using the piercing tool and the smallest oval piercing on the Occasions template. It was placed onto the 5” x 4” Very Vanilla layer using dimensionals. I cut a 7/8” scallop of each of the In Colors and placed them under the Boutique Details correspondingly. I chose the Crisp Cantaloupe for the ribbon color to tie it into the colors at the top of the card for a pulled-together look. Next I chose to add some depth and detail to the sides of the card by embossing with the Needlepoint embossing folder and sponging the edges of the vanilla with Baked Brown Sugar. I also sponged around the edges of the inside Very Vanilla paper.
I love to hear feedback so don’t be shy ~ leave a comment. Sign up to receive my blog updates for techniques ~ specials and plain old inspiration.
Product Information + Order Numbers :
Stamp Set(s): Label Something (Wood-mount 130595, Clear-mount 130598)
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar (131296) Crisp Cantaloupe (131298) Strawberry Slush (131295) Coastal Cabana (131297) Pistachio Pudding (131294) Very Vanilla (101650) DSP Etcetera (130129)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar (131174) Strawberry Slush (131178)
Cool Tools: Paper Piercing Tool (126189) Big Shot (113439) Needlepoint Border (129383) 7/8” Scallop Circle (129404) Paper Snips (1035790)
Perfect Touch: In Color Boutique Details (130938) 3/8” Ruffle Stretch Trim Crisp Cantaloupe (130021)
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Hoyt at cattaildesigns
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought...Cards by Amy
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin Ink
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin' and Stampin'
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki's Creative Corner
- Kari Linder at Stampin' Essentials
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Shirley Sumption at Look At My Cute Stuff
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit