Thank you for joining us for the August Pals Blog Hop. Even though it's only August we want to provide some inspiration for your upcoming holiday projects. This month's blog hop will showcase new products from the 2013 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. We hope you enjoy seeing how we use the new stamps, new punches and other accessories!
You should have just left stop number 29 on the Pals Hop... Susan Itell at Simple Stampin. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help move you from blog to blog so that you can see all the fantastic and amazing creations!
This was a tough card to narrow down exactly what new goodies from the Holiday catalog to choose!!! I started off with a Christmas card then switched to a Halloween card and created two more Christmas cards before I chose the one posted today. All the practice will come in handy for my upcoming Stampin’ Up! workshops and classes!
The reason for my choice of this card in particular, was to showcase a card that would be easy to duplicate yet at the same time highlights a new stamp, new designer paper, new ribbon, new tool and a new embellishment from the Holiday Catalog. You could easily recreate this card with the items you currently have on hand for now, but at the same time envision how to put to use some of the newly available items too. I love the way the 1” Cherry Cobbler ribbon fills the card and how easily the ribbon was to work with. I purchased the Frosted Finishes Embellishments specifically to be used with Festive Flurry snowflake bundle yet decided to try it on this card anyway. It adds just the right amount of sparkle to offset and compliment the greeting. It is always a pleasant surprise to reach “outside the box” and be happy with the results.
The final touch is the envelope lined with coordinating designer series paper. It is the icing on the cake, the bow on the present and the cherry on the top of the sundae! I used the Envelope Liners Framelit Dies combined with the Big Shot Magnetic Platform (available to order again on August 26th) for a quick and easy polished finish to the card! I will say for the record that these two items are my all time favorite purchases that I have made with Stampin' Up!, as I have used them for every card since purchasing them!
I hope you are happy with the results too!
Product Information + Order Numbers :
- Stamp Set: Joy To The World (Wood-mount 131796, Clear-mount 131799)
- Ink: Gumball Green marker (100080 ) Cherry Cobbler marker (119681)
- Paper: Gumball Green (126840) Garden Green (102584) Cherry Cobbler (119685) Whisper White (100730) Season of Style DSP (132240)
- Cool Tools: Stampin' Paper Trimmer (126889) Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275) Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439) Big Shot Magnetic Platform (130658) - available to order on Augist 26th
- Finishing Touch: Cherry Cobbler 1” Stitched Edge Grosgrain Ribbon (132135) Frosted Finishes Embellishments (132150) Envelope Liners Framelit Dies (132172)
- Items that are in bold, itallic lettering are listed in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog
I am the last stop on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month! I would love to hear your comments on this card or any of the cards I post!
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Angie Blake at Angie's Musings
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin' Ink
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Amy Williams at Stampin' on the Range
- Shannon Jaramillo at Ezpeasycards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at MyStampinSpace
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Brian King at Stamp With Brian
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin Mojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Kolcun at Stampin with Avery's Owlery
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit