Welcome to the November Pals Blog Hop, we are thankful you stopped by. This month we are showcasing projects that show our thanks, including both thank you and Thanksgiving themed projects. You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing projects.
Today’s card was a fun card to make. I don't have any of the current designer series paper, as I am trying to use up some of the mountains of papers on my shelves. This helps me to think outside the box...
I saw a tutorial recently that demonstrated a simple way to create a sky background with sponging. One large and two small scalloped punched papers are taped together to create a template for clouds. Gently sponging around it and rotating with Soft Sky blue, for a very light background.
I then laid a piece of burlap ribbon across the front for texture and a base. Next, I wrapped linen thread around the burlap (next time I will sponge it with some matching ink for contrast). The flower (crisp cantaloupe) and the bird (night of navy) were stamped from the Polka Dot Pieces stamp set and punched out with coordinating punches (1 ¼” scallop punch and the bird builder punch). I placed a night of navy candy dot in the center of the flower and covered with crystal effects for more texture. The pearl in the bird’s eye and those on the banner were colored with a blendability marker, to also tie the colors together. The “thankful for you” stamp is part of the Hostess Good Greetings set.
I used some retired Pistachio Pudding ribbon to soften the edge and sponged the leaves from the bird builder punch with Pistachio as well. The banner is held on with a basic hodgepodge clip and a dimensional and is sponged with Chocolate Chip and Pistachio Pudding for a vintage feel.
Today’s card was inspired by a card in the catalog on page 177…it is a tad similar but you would never have guessed that my card was created using the card below as a vision. I love to be inspired by other’s creation and am even happier to add my own twists to them, so that they truly are MY works of art.
There are so many awesome cards and projects being shared today in hopes of inspiring YOU to sit and create!
The next stop is Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought...Cards by Amy
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Amy Whelan at Amy's Inklings
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space