Welcome to the February Pals Blog Hop. This month we are sharing what we love - our favorite Stampin' Up! products and our favorite crafting techniques.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from #16 - Brian King at Stamp With Brian. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
I cannot believe that I waited until last night after dinner and doing kids homework to put together this blog. What's even more unbelievable is that I did not make the card until Monday night after the kids went to bed!!! Where did this first part of the month go so quickly? I think it got buried under all the snow New England has gotten in the last two weeks.
Favorite Stampin' Up! products and techniques. Hmmmmm....ok, embossing folders, embossing powders, LOVE the linen thread, I am partial to brads and PUNCHES - I heart my PUNCHES.
There are so many techniques available on-line to inspire our creative sides just never enough time to try them all out! I tried something new for this card and that was incorporating vellum into a card. I am in love with the softness it created to let the main sentiment "Sending Love and Sympathy" stand out. It is hard to tell due the angle and lighting but the sentiment is embossed gold. The linen thread was earthy like the simple flower stamped upon the words in the background and of course the embossed polka dots on the purple base adds a ton of dimension. One popular technique is punching a second label and cutting it in half and placing it under the sentiment label. I did mine in purple to pop the white and gold and maintain the color theme that I had going. I chose Wisteria for the flower and Wild Wasabi for the stem and carried that over to my paper colors. Hoping that I have inspired you to take some element of this card and use it in a future project.
Please leave a comment below and make my day!
The next stop is #18 Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I'll see you next month.
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of you
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- September Gray at www.septembergray.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery's Owlery
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Whelan at Amy's Inklings
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers